What makes a classy martini become white trash? A pickled pod of okra instead of an olive, of course. I came up with this 10 years ago when I was out of olives and then noticed a jar of pickled okra in the fridge. A local bar that I frequent began making them for me and now it's very popular there.
- For best results and taste keep vodka in the freezer.
- Pour 1/4 oz of vermouth into a frozen martini glass and swirl it around til the inside of the glass has been coated. Discard vermouth.
- Combine vodka and brine in a cold shaker glass with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into the cold martini glass swirled with vermouth.
- Place pickled okra pod into glass.
- Don't forget to eat the drunken okra pod after you have finished the drink!
- Repeat steps 2-6 as often as needed.