1/14 Photos of Potsie's Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This is a wonderful and simple to prepare comfort food using things you probably already have around. Kids love it- but so do adults. At least, in this home. Try it. It is one of my quick and easy favorites. This is my first submitted recipe... be kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion
- 7.39 ml butter
- 907.18 g chopped cooked chicken breasts or 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml chopped pimiento or 118.29 ml sauteed red bell peppers or 118.29 ml jarred roasted red pepper
- 354.88 ml shredded mild cheddar cheese
- refrigerated biscuit
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
- 3Chop the onion.
- 4Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and saute until tender.
- 5Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- 7Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
- 8Arrange biscuits decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
- 9Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.
- 10NOTE: 02/16/09: This is RICH! You may sub sour cream for all or part of the mayo if you wish to cut back on the heaviness. The last time I made this I used a 1/4 cup of fat free mayo and 1/4 cup of sour cream. I think it was delicious! Also -- I took the suggestion of adding a cup of cooked green peas. What a terrific idea! I LOVED it! I think I might add two cups next time. Thanks to you all for making my humble recipe and leaving your suggestions. You GREATLY improved a recipe I was already proud of. Thanks so much.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potsie's Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 967.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 55.0 g