Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Betty Crocker recipe
Make and share this Pots De Creme Au Chocolat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Heat chocolate chips and half and half over medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; cool slightly. Beat eggs, sugar and salt; gradually stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into 8 ungreased ovenproof pots de creme cups or 8 ungreased custard cups. Place cups in a rectangular pan. Pour boiling water into pan to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups. Bake 20 minutes. Remove cups from water; cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in chilled small bowl until stiff. Top each serving with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate mints if desired.