A natural way to add nice scent to your home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat one cup water in medium sized saucepan.
- 2Add gelatin, stirring to dissolve.
- 3Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup of liquid as well as food coloring, and stir until dissolved.
- 4Put drops of essential oil into jars then add gelatin mixture.
- 5Place in fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- 6Remove, cover with plastic wrap or lid if you have one, and store at room temperature.
- 7To release the scent simply remove the lid-- and when you are finished make sure you re-cover the jar so all the scent doesn't evaporate.
- 8This recipe makes four gel jars/ approximately 4 oz each.
- 9Note: Some folks in humid areas had trouble with their gel accumulating a thin layer of mold when stored for a long time.
- 10If you are in an area like this, or plan to store your jars for an extended period of time, you may want to store them in your refrigerator or a cool, dark place, such as a cellar.
- 11Or, simply add 1 teaspoon of regular salt to the above mixture, while cooking.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potpourri Gel Jars
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: