Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I wanted to take something to church today for a potluck and hadn't planned ahead. I looked around my kitchen and saw beef top ramen in the cupboard, burger in the freezer, and veggies in the drawer and this is what I came up with. I made it in the crock pot to be easy to transport and keep warm. There were no leftovers. You can even simplify it more by using canned mixed veggies, leftover steak, basicaly whatever you have available.
- 6 (2 7/8 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles (I had Nissin Choice Ramen, low fat & less sodium)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained (I had Libby Natruals no salt or sugars added)
- 24 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 12 cups water
- Boil Carrots and Celery in 2 cups water until done. Do not drain.
- Brown Ground Beef in a skillet, drain any grease off.
- In a large Crock Pot break each package of Top Ramen into quarters.
- Add each packet of seasoning.
- Add drained Green Beans, & Corn. Add frozen Peas.
- Pour in 10 cups of warm water, turn crock pot onto high and cover.
- When carrots and celery are done add to crock pot water and all.
- When beef is done add to crock pot.
- Stir to combine when noodles are soft.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low for 2 hours.