Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I have not made any revisions.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, Uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small eggplant, Peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, Chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded,8oz
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package and drain.
- While the macaroni is cooking, cook and stir the meat and onion in a Dutch oven until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, macaroni, eggplant, sour cream, pimento and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Turn into an ungreased 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered until the eggplant is tender, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.