Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
From Taste of Home. The sauce makes the bottom of the baking pan REALLY sticky and icky, so next time I'll cover the pan with foil before I put the ribs in. I didn't really find basting necessary because the sauce was so thick -- it coated the ribs on its own.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with the meaty side up on racks in two greased 9X13-inch baking pans.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Drain; remove racks and return ribs to pans.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Return to oven, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until sauce coats ribs, basting occasionally.
- Ribs can also be grilled over medium-hot coals for the last 35 minutes instead of baking.
I have made this several times. Everytime it turns out perfect. I do not have a problem with the pan getting sticky. I will be making these this evening again. Hopefully will be able to post a picture later.