Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is really a great picnic salad, or something to have along grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook spaghetti according to directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl mix together spaghetti and vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together all the remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the spaghetti mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Toss before serving.
I thought the addition of poppy seeds and sesame seeds were a fun twist. I doubled both and thought they added visual appeal too. I used celery seeds and fresh garlic to lower the salt and fat free dressing. I also broke the pasta into fourths just to make it easier to spoon, but I think bow ties would be fun in this salad too. The whole after marinating over night is light & refreshing. A definite pleaser and twist on a pot luck standard.
Have made several times. Good easy and cheap.
Can't believe I forgot to review this, made this for a summer birthday party. It was easy and tasty, I did leave out the seeds since it was a kid's party. Thanks for sharing!