Cook1 hr 15 mins
I love this so much, that I now make it instead of a "traditional" pumpkin pie! It is so easy to make, with the shortbread crust & pumpkin filling. My family loves this at the holidays for our get-togethers & when I take it to potlucks, with friends, I always have someone wanting the recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cold
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 - inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Stir in milk. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake for 50-55 minutes or longer, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the additional cinnamon, if desired.
Sooo good and easy to make! I made it for our Thanksgiving dessert and my family loved it, especially the shortbread crust. I used pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin and mixed up some powdered milk because I didn't have evaporated milk, but it's just like real pumpkin pie. We're still enjoying it for breakfast, dessert, whatever!
This recipe was absolutely delicious! It is very easy to make since you don't have to make a pie crust. The taste is wonderful, just like pumpkin pie and not too sweet. Everyone loved it at the dinner I took it to and I was asked for the recipe. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you make this yummy pumpkin dessert!