Recipe by LeBaker
I love this so much, that I now make it instead of a "traditional" pumpkin pie! It is so easy to make, with the shortbread crust & pumpkin filling. My family loves this at the holidays for our get-togethers & when I take it to potlucks, with friends, I always have someone wanting the recipe.
Top Review by Chef Supposition
Sooo good and easy to make! I made it for our Thanksgiving dessert and my family loved it, especially the shortbread crust. I used pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin and mixed up some powdered milk because I didn't have evaporated milk, but it's just like real pumpkin pie. We're still enjoying it for breakfast, dessert, whatever!
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cold
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 - inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Stir in milk. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake for 50-55 minutes or longer, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the additional cinnamon, if desired.