Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The crunchy topping on this side-dish casserole gives way to a cheesy interior, resulting in a comfort food winner. A bonus with this dish is that you can make the casserole ahead - assemble and refrigerate it until time to bake. Sprinkle the cornflakes over the casserole just before baking. GOOD TO KNOW: Instead of a salty green bean casserole, try this low-sodium crowd-pleaser for brunch or dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onions
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed (such as Ore-Ida)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; spread evenly into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cornflakes over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.