Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my sis's recipe and it has saved me many-a-time in a "trying to impress my girlfriend's family" crunch. EVERYONE will love it! A little bit goes a long way.
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (usually available in two sizes..make sure to pick small can)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (normal size)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 20 ounces pineapple (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and pink.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, preferably over night.
Made this for a potluck last night because of its ease. Can't comment really on the taste, as it was all gone. The small bits still in the bowl tasted mighty good tho! I think this could be put on a graham crust and cut into squares. It makes a huge amount. Thanks for sharing.
I took this to my office Christmas party and everyone thought it was great. It was one of the first items to go. I added crushed pineapple but I didn't add the nuts in case someone was allergic. Several people asked me for the recipe. I give this one five stars for ease of preparation and the rave reviews it recieved from people at work.
For those wondering about sizes, this is what I used: 21 oz Comstock original cherry pie filling Eagle Brand 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 12 oz carton Cool Whip regular 20 oz Dole crushed pineapple 1 cup chopped walnuts I love it ... we'll see how it goes at my quilt guild potluck tonight!