Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite comfort food is homemade soups. This is a recipe to be tried.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 quarts water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- In a soup kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, tomato sauce, soup mix, and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Stir in macaroni, beans and green pepper; heat though.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
I loved this soup. It went over big at my church potluck. Susan