Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in the updated version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was submitted by Erika Shupe of Mount Vernon, WA, who says: "Pasta salads are always well received at potlucks, but even if you're not serving a crowd, go ahead and make this anyway - the salad will keep in the refrigerator for a few days."
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, olives and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.