Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
originally from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine
Make and share this Potluck Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces wagon wheel macaroni or 4 ounces desired pasta, 1 1/3 cup
- 4 ounces tri-colored corkscrew macaroni or 4 ounces desired pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved, sliced lengthwise (and/or zucchini)
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas, cooked and cooled
- 6 ounces black olives, pitted, drained
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, snipped or 2 tablespoons oregano or 2 tablespoons basil or 2 tablespoons dill
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions except add crushed red pepper to the cooking water.
- Rinse with cool water and drain thoroughly.
- Cool pasta to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, sweet red pepper, yellow squash or zucchini, peas, olives, cheese, almonds, green onions and herb.
- Add dressing to pasta mixture. Toss gently to mix.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.