Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Need to whip up something to feed a crowd ?This comes together in 20 minutes, just need to chill it down for an hour before serving. It tastes wonderful and is so easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rotini pasta
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12 ounce) can jumbo black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Bring a LARGE pot of water to a boil ( add 1 tsb olive oil, to help pasta not to stick togtther ).
- Add Rotini and cook for 8 mins until al dente,stirring frequently. Drain well.
- Put pasta in a large bowl.
- Stir in all the vegetables.
- Whisk the Italian dressing and the mayonnaise together and pour over the pasta and toss the salad making sure it is well coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
This is great Pasta Salad. I just made a few minor changes. I didn't have any red onion, so instead I added some chives from my garden. Also along with the green pepper I added about 1/2 of each a yellow and a red bell pepper. I didn't have any cherry tomatoes, so I seeded and diced two nice, big tomatoes. My changes didn't seem to hurt the end result. The Salad was delicious! Thanks for posting this keeper.
This is my favorite "take-along" recipe! It's so fast and easy to make, and it is DELICIOUS! It makes a pretty large dish. If I'm making it for two, I cut the recipe in half. Otherwise, I make the whole thing, because people can't get enough of it at cookouts. Thanks!