Traditionally a side dish, the addition of baked beans to macaroni salad turns this wonderful salad into a complete main course. This recipe makes enough to serve a crowd, so take it to your next picnic supper, you'll be glad you did. Recipe came from mealtime.org.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans, preferably barbecue-seasoned,undrained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers or 1 1/2 cups yellow bell peppers or 1 1/2 cups green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup prepared herb vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- basil or parsley sprig
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- 2In large bowl, combine macaroni and beans; toss to combine.
- 3Add celery, onion, bell pepper, vinaigrette, and basil; toss lightly.
- 4Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- 5Garnish with the basil or parsley before serving.
- 6NOTE: Recipe may be reduced to 6 servings.
- 7Prepare as directed, using 4 ounces (1 cup) elbow macaroni, 1 can (16 oz.) undrained baked beans, 1 cup each of the vegetables, 1/3 cup prepared herb vinaigrette and 1/4 cup chopped herbs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potluck Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 359.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: