Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
CLipped out of the March April 2005 Taste of Home
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes (cut up)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Brown beef; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, and garlic; remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine the eggs, cheeses, salt & pepper. Layer three noodles in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture, 1C mozarells cheese, and 1/2 of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover ; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.