Recipe by Judy in WA
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine. It has become a requested favorite for family and friends. Everyone loves it! You can make this all the night before. I just keep it all separate and then put it together in the morning for breakfast.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was very good! I thuoght this looked so lovely on the plate and could easily be served to brunch guests. A nice use of leftover Easter eggs & holiday ham too. I used white asparagus in this. Next time I would add a few additional seasonings & herbs to punch up the flavor of the sauce a bit, as it was very basic - but still very good.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 hardboiled egg, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1 can refrigerated grand biscuit, baked and hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus in 1/2" pieces.
- Cook 5 minutes, drain, and cool.
- Melt butter in pan and stir in flour.
- Blend until smooth and cook a couple of minutes.
- Add milk and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add ham and cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Add eggs, salt, asparagus, and cayenne.
- Heat and serve over biscuits (or toast is good, too).