Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's a recipe that's been around my house for decades. We call it one of our comfort foods.
Make and share this Potluck Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup butter-flavor cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Combine chicken, soup & sour cream, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs, melted butter & celery seed, & sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly.
I was looking for an easy potluck chicken casserole to make for last night's potluck and found this one. I added some vegetables but otherwise made as instructed. It was very popular at the dinner, and I really enjoyed it myself. It was easy and really worked for me! Thanks for posting this recipe.
We made this twice, first time my dh made it and cooked the chicken plain. He didn't care for it too much, called it "bland". So I made it again this time the chicken had been cooked in garlic, onion and paprika suddenly this was a good dinner! ;) I like how easy it is and I'm sure dh can make it again, this time seasoning the chicken. I bet this would be a good use for leftover grilled chicken, especially if it got a little dry on the grill.
Really simple to make. Made as directed but added some grated cheddar cheese and celery. Will make again.