Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in Taste of Home Magazine. Made it for a family dinner and everyone had second helpings. Very tasty with a little of everything in it.
- 118.29 ml fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 44.37 ml onions (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 59.16 ml butter (divided)
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml milk
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken (cubed)
- 709.77 ml long grain rice (cooked)
- 236.59 ml celery (chopped)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas (thawed)
- 56.69 g pimientos (drained)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml corn flakes (coarsley crushed)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in three tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for two miutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add chicken, rice, celery, peas, pimientos, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with pam.
- Melt remaining butter; toss with cornflakes. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.