Recipe by MPS Michigan
I like to take this to potlucks because it has, whole grain, meat, and vegetables. I know I can eat this even if there isn't anything else available. Preparation time does not include marinade.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing (I prefer Ken's Steak House)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into serving pieces (at a potluck, you don't want your meat pieces to be a full serving. People like to try a little of everything).
- Marinade chicken in the dressing for as little as 1/2 hour or as long as overnight.
- Add Chicken and dressing to a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Cook until chicken is brown on both sides (around 4 or 5 minutes).
- Stir in broth, rice and green beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes. Until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add Almonds, remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.