Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many combinations for Cauliflower Salads, this particular version is the favorite in our area. A delicious make ahead, perfect for potlucks and family gatherings. Great salad to add to the holiday table. For those special occasions I serve this in a cut glass bowl ... making it look as good as it tastes. I have been known to add slivered almonds to make for extra crunch! This salad requires at least eight hours mellowing time ... best made the night before ... that is a big plus when you are cooking for a crowd!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 medium head lettuce
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (best you can find)
- In a small bowl: mix the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese and sugar to make the dressing and set aside.
- In large bowl: break cauliflower into florets, tear lettuce into bite size pieces, red onion thinly sliced, add the bacon bits.
- Pour dressing over the salad, cover and refrigerate.
- Toss before serving.
Recently made this for a potluck and the bowl was empty when we left! Great recipe, only changes made is that I threw in some cherry tomatoes and almonds for some crunch.
Yum! I very much enjoyed all the nice flavors! I used veggie bacon bits. Thanks! Made for the Australian Swap Aug. 2009 game.
I've always loved this salad and the many versions people have of it. I have a similar recipe posted that uses cheddar cheese. but I must say I really liked the parmesan cheese in this version. I used real bacon, cooked and crumbled. It is a very pretty salad and perfect for picnics. Thanx for sharing!