Recipe by Gerry
There are many combinations for Cauliflower Salads, this particular version is the favorite in our area. A delicious make ahead, perfect for potlucks and family gatherings. Great salad to add to the holiday table. For those special occasions I serve this in a cut glass bowl ... making it look as good as it tastes. I have been known to add slivered almonds to make for extra crunch! This salad requires at least eight hours mellowing time ... best made the night before ... that is a big plus when you are cooking for a crowd!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 medium head lettuce
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (best you can find)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl: mix the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese and sugar to make the dressing and set aside.
- In large bowl: break cauliflower into florets, tear lettuce into bite size pieces, red onion thinly sliced, add the bacon bits.
- Pour dressing over the salad, cover and refrigerate.
- Toss before serving.