Recipe by shelbyrose
This recipe was given to me by a fellow church member who would bring this dish to our occasional 'Pot Luck' suppers. It's a comforting meal served with garlic bread and a salad; and of course, a take-along crowd pleaser.
Top Review by Scrappy1
I fixed this yesterday and took it to a Pig Roast... Man, what a hit! Thanks for the great recipe! People were asking where I got the recipe, so I told them about the gold mine I have found at Recipezaar!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans with molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef, onions and celery until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Dissolve the bouillon in boiling water; stir into the beef mixture.
- Add the beans, ketchup, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly; stir.
- Top with cooked and crumbled bacon.