Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fantastic salad !!! It will travel to any picnic or potluck with ease! I have made this many times and I LOVE it! It is adapted from the " Beans, Lentils & Tofu Gourmet " cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 3 cups rotini pasta, cooked until tender
- 1 1⁄2 cups kidney beans (1-14 oz. can , well drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas (1-14 oz. can , well drained)
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until thick and smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl toss together all salad ingredients.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and chill till serving.
I thought this needed a boost so I added some dressing to the dressing and feta cheese. It was Ok but problably not to be made again by me.
Took the dish to a potluck and got rave reviews from all. Left out the wine and was still great! Will be one of my staples. Thanks! ginger
Wonderful pasta salad and a welcome change from the mayo ladden macaroni salad that we usually have. I made one slight change to this recipe--because I did not have any red onions or black olives I used one cup thawed frozen corn instead. My family loved this salad and we will be making this often this summer. Thanks Theresa for posting this keeper recipe!