1 hr 25 mins
A wonderful recipe from Southern Living -- great for the holidays or anytime a special cake is needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans and sprinkle bottoms evenly with pecans.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Beat 1-1/4 cups butter at medium speed wtih an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- 4Gradually add brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating until the yellow just disappears.
- 6Combine milk, rum and vanilla.
- 7Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 8Add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture~ beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 9Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 10Pour batter evenly into pans.
- 11Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pans on wire rack 15 minutes.
- 13Remove from pans.
- 14Bring remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, light rum and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a saucepan, and boil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- 15Drizzle over warm cakes and cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potent Rum Pound Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3431.3
- Calories from Fat 1549
- Total Fat 172.1 g
- Saturated Fat 94.3 g
- Cholesterol 800.4 mg
- Sodium 1680.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 424.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 296.0 g
- Protein 35.3 g