Recipe by Rita~
These are a mix of sweet cherries, hot jalapenos, real hot ghost chilis, serrano's, and and mild pepperoncini's. Toss in your favorites.
- 27 ounces mixed peppers, washed well and dried
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 4 cups white wine vinegar (at least 5 percent acidity)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pepper stems. Divide peppers, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns among 2 quart-size sterilized glass jars.
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar dissolves. Pour hot pickling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/4-inch headspace at tops. Can in water bath for 15 minutes.