1/2 Photos of Potent Maple Baked Beans
susie cooks's Note:
These are posted for ZWT 2006. Cookin and prep time does not include "standing" time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pick over beans. Put beans and water in saucepan, cover. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and let stand 1 hour.
- 3Return to heat, bring back to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- 4Drain beans thougha colander set over a bowl. Reserve 2 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid and set aside.
- 5Put bacon in ovenproof casserole or bean pot. Cover with cooked beans.
- 6In a bowl, combine onion, salt, mustard, syrup, rum and 2 cups of reserved cooking liquid.
- 7Pour mixture over beans.
- 8Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 3 hours, adding the last 1/2 cup cooking liquid during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Combine brown sugar and melted butter. Drizzle over beans.
- 11Bake, uncovered, for another hour or until liquid has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potent Maple Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 628.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g