1/4 Photos of Potato'n Salmon Cakes
Quick easy recipe to make after a hard day's work. For the mashed potatoes use plain cooked potatoes mashed with no added ingredients. Just cook extra potatoes the night before and take out what you will need for this recipe. If you want a little spice add 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes I like a bit of Tartar sauce and a green salad along side or a couple of steamed vegetables. Great summer dish. This recipe goes a long way from one small can of salmon. I would like to stress use leftover cooked potatoes not left over mashed potatoes that already have got a lot of extra ingredients in them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (213 g) can salmon, skin & bones removed (I prefer sockeye but in this recipe pink is fine too)
- 1 1/2 cups left over mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb (Panko are best)
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for frypan (or if you wish use butter mixed with oil for really crisp cakes but watch the calories go up)
- 1Mix all the ingredients except the bread crumbs, stir well.
- 2Form into 6 cakes.
- 3Coat with crumbs.
- 4Fry until nicely browned on the outside and heated through, apprx 5 minutes each side Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato'n Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 297.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g