Recipe by cookiedog
Posted for Zaar World Tour III. From the Raley's Something Extra Magazine.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Loved this dish I made for ZWT 5's trip to Spain. The potatoes are nicely crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The sauce is a wonderful accompaniment to the potatoes and is nicely spicy but not overwhelming. Thanks for posting it.
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper; cover and cook for 20 minutes more. You can serve it like this or let cool slightly, then puree in a blender or food processor; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F To prepare potatoes, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Season with sea salt; serve immediately with Spicy Tomato Sauce.