Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour III. From the Raley's Something Extra Magazine.
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- sea salt
- To prepare sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper; cover and cook for 20 minutes more. You can serve it like this or let cool slightly, then puree in a blender or food processor; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F To prepare potatoes, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Season with sea salt; serve immediately with Spicy Tomato Sauce.
Loved this dish I made for ZWT 5's trip to Spain. The potatoes are nicely crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The sauce is a wonderful accompaniment to the potatoes and is nicely spicy but not overwhelming. Thanks for posting it.
Absolutely delicious! We LOVED the flavor of these potatoes. Made as directed and wouldn't make any changes. The whole family insisted this recipe be 5 stars and that we have it again soon. Thanks Cookiedog! Made for ZWT 4.
These were spicy loved them! I made mine into fries and just coated with the sauce and baked. Thanks CD