Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
So creamy and tasty - a truly special potato dish for special meals.
Make and share this Potatoes With Shiitake Mushrooms and Brie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 potatoes (I like new potatoes for this)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small round brie cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- As soon as you take the Brie from the refrigerator, remove the rind and cut into small cubes.
- (Its easier when the cheese is still cold) Scrub and slice the unpeeled potatoes into thin rounds.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and let stand for about 30 minutes, changing the water at least once.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and slice the caps into thin slices.
- Butter a baking dish- I use a 10" one.
- Layer 1/3 the potato slices, then half the mushrooms and half the brie, sprinkling with salt and pepper as you go.
- Repeat the layers, ending up with potatoes on top.
- Combine cream, garlic and thyme.
- Mix well and pour over the layers, pressing the layers down.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with a mixture of the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes more or until top is brown and crusty.
This dish sounded like my tastes, and I only substituted button for the shitake mushrooms and used a brie/bluecheese instead of the brie. The Recipe is delicious! Nice job "SuzieQue"!