Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Scalloped potatoes layered with onion and rosemary and half and half baked all together.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium sized potatoes, scalloped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Heat butter in a large skillet until melted.
- Add onions, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until onions are soft and browned slightly about 20 minutes.
- Arrange 1/2 of the potato slices on the bottom of a 10"x 1 1/2" greased pie dish.
- On top of the potatoes add 1/2 the onion mixture.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Pour half and half over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Oh yum!!! this was very nice, I cut my potatoes and onions very thin and did add a bit more rosemary and onion as we like them. It turned out very nice. I added a wee bit of gruyere cheese for the last 10 mins. The taste was fantastic, definitely worth the long time in the oven. I served it with Pork, Veal, or Chicken Schnitzel#89054 and they went very well together. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.
I loved, loved, LOVED these potatoes. They were rich and creamy and the rosemary gave this dish a wonderful flavor. This was like an upscaled scalloped potatoes dish. Made for ZWT5. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.
Incredible potatoes! These are good enough for entertaining/holidays/etc. I used a pie dish that was an inch smaller than that recommended, and I paid the price with a messy oven and a burned dish (the half-n-half bubbled over). Oh well! It was worth it. :-) Made this along with Honey Lemon Chicken and Carrots Vichy for ZWT5 Jammin' Java Jivers.