Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
I haven't made this yet but it sounds delish. This is done on the BBQ but it could be done just as easily in the oven adjusting the cooking times.
- Wrap potatoes and whole garlic individually in foil. Place in a disposable baking dish.
- Cook in covered BBQ, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 30 min's or until garlic is tender, remove garlic from dish.
- Cook potatoes for a further 20-30 min's until tender.
- Cut garlic in half, squeeze out pulp into a small bowl, stir in butter and combine well.
- Partially unwrap potatoes, cut length ways down the centre, being careful not to cut all the way through potato or foil.
- Open out potatoes and cup foil around them.
- Divide butter mixture among the potatoes, top with cheese.
- Place in baking dish and return to the BBQ, cook covered, using indiect heat again, for a further 15-20 min's or until cheese mealts and bubbles.
GORGEOUS! Well I am a lover of Raclette so this was a good choice to tag and make! I made these to take to a friend's house on Sunday and all the guests raved about them, so much better than the usual loaded potatoes. I used authentic French Raclette cheese and large bakers (baking spuds) - these were served alongside a Beef Daube for a perfect Autumn meal. NO photos I am sorry to say - I DID take my camera but with all of the crowd, did not manage to take a shot, NEXT time and there will be a next time I can assure you!
I couldn't find Raclette here in my small town, so used Gruyere cheese. Much enjoye, scaled back for two. Thanks!