Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious for breakfast, brunch, or with a homestyle dinner. Cook your potatoes ahead to save time in the morning.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 -4 ounces diced prosciutto or 3 -4 ounces other ham
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil or 3 tablespoons butter (may mix)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook potatoes whole in salted water until fork-tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil/butter mixture in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add prosciutto and rosemary and cook until it just starts to brown at the edges.
- Add potatoes to pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes 10-12 minutes, stirring lightly, or until they brown to your liking (adding a little oil or butter if potatoes try to stick).
This was okay, lot of work for what turned out to be a so, so potato recipe. I have had better. I could not get the poatoes to brown, or have a crisp coating.
Yummy. I made these exactly as directed except that I only used half an onion and I used half butter and half olive oil. My potatoes were just a little past their prime, but this came out fantastic anyway. Thanks for sharing. I will make these again.
Good, easy, I think anyone would like them.I agree that the potatoes didn't brown for me either, but still tasted good.