Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mom taught me how to prepare this recipe the other evening. I have vague recollections of my mother preparing this. The paprika gives the potatoes a lovely color. Easy to make and delicious side dish, especially with fish! Bear in mind that all measurements are estimated. This is a dry-textured, not creamy potato dish.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs white potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup butter, approximately
- salt, to taste
- fresh minced parsley, for garnish
- Cut potatoes into large chunks and either pressure cook 8 minutes or boil until fork tender.
- Transfer potatoes to large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix in well. Break up the potatoes into bite size chunks. (You're not mashing the potatoes unless you want to. But this is what Mom dictated so I listen and obey.).
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Transfer potato mixture to serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.
- NOTE: The leftover potatoes make perfect potato pancakes the next morning for breakfast. Add an egg and some flour to the potato mixture, mix well and fry in a little bit of oil until golden.
Loved the paprika & the zing from the lemon! I served with baked honey mustard chicken & a green salad. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This turned out really nice!!!! Went great with our German meal. Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies!
Loved these potatoes! Used a large lemon and it was very refreshing. Also used the full tbsp of paprika because we love it. We did need to use a full stick of butter to give the potatoes enough flavor. Thanks Cookgirl for an easy, flavorful recipe! Made for ZWT6 by a fellow Looney Spoon :)