1/2 Photos of Potatoes With Onion Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
For some reason we had stopped eating potatoes. I honestly don't know why. But lately I have re-discovered them and this is one we have enjoyed. This is a slight adaptation from "500 Fat Free Recipes." I have added a little fat to it (the original calls for fat free parmesean which I can no longer find), but it is still quite reasonable in my mind. Also, the original called for putting all the cheese on the top. We felt like a little in the middle would have helped, so I am writing it that way. Feel free to play around with it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put the milk, the cornstarch, and the 2 kinds of pepper in a pan.
- 3Cook (stirring frequently) over medium heat until it starts to thicken and bubble.
- 4Add the chopped onion and set it aside.
- 5While the milk mixture is cooking, peel and slice the potatoes very thinly.
- 6Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- 7Start layering the potatoes in the pan.
- 8When you are halfway done with the potatoes, add half the cheese.
- 9Then finish with the rest of the potatoes.
- 10Pour the onion sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- 11Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 12Then uncover and cook for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes With Onion Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g