Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick potato dish - I love the addition of leeks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a wok, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until hot, swirling to coat sides of pan. Add potatoes and leek and cook, stirring and turning potato slices until hey turn translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
I made this for dinner last evening. I sliced the potatoes as thin as I could and they came out nice and translucent -- and cooked up beautifully. The only thing I would change is to perhaps add some minced garlic or some parmesan cheese for a little extra flavor. The leeks added a mild oniony taste that worked perfectly with this. We all enjoyed this recipe, and thanks for sharing it!
This was a delicious recipe. My potatoes never did get translucent - manybe I sliced them too thick. But, they were yummy anyway. I couldn't toss out the green tops from the leeks, so I added them towards the end of the cooking. They added a nice color and a bit of a crunch. I've just discovered the leek and I love it.
This was a simple to make, lovely dish. We really enjoyed the combination of flavors. Thanks for sharing!