- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, garlic, mustard, nutmeg, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Arrange potatoes in a shallow buttered baking dish, pour the cream mixture over them and bake the mixture, covered with buttered foil in a pan of hot water in a preheated oven at 375 degrees.
- Add more water to the outer pan as needed.
- Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes.