Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to jazz up a light meal of chicken or fish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 ounces raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour, mixed to smooth with
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, sliced and boiled
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add leek, onion, and bacon; cook and stir until vegetables are transparent and bacon is cooked (about 7 minutes).
- Add broth and flour-water mixture.
- Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice, herbs, and potatoes; heat through.
- Stir in yogurt just before serving.