Recipe by luvinlif2k
Papas Chorreadas (PAH-pahss choh-ray-AH-dahss) is a hearty, Colombian dish from "Extending the Table". Posted for WZT4
Top Review by lazyme
Wonderful potatoes. I coarsely chopped some russet potatoes and boiled them. I wasn't sure where to add the herbs/spices, so added them in step 3. I had a little trouble with the cheese - it kept clumping up on me, lol. But, we pigged out on these at the table. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4 SCA Potato Challenge.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 5 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 large potatoes, unpeeled and boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a frypan; add onions, green onions and tomatoes.
- Cook until soft and transparent, stirring frequently; about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add mozzarella cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- To serve, pour sauce over cooked potatoes.
- OPTION: serve sauce over other vegetables instead of potatoes (i.e. green beans, broccoli or cauliflower).