Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Papas Chorreadas (PAH-pahss choh-ray-AH-dahss) is a hearty, Colombian dish from "Extending the Table". Posted for WZT4
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 5 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 large potatoes, unpeeled and boiled
- Melt margarine in a frypan; add onions, green onions and tomatoes.
- Cook until soft and transparent, stirring frequently; about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add mozzarella cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- To serve, pour sauce over cooked potatoes.
- OPTION: serve sauce over other vegetables instead of potatoes (i.e. green beans, broccoli or cauliflower).
Wonderful potatoes. I coarsely chopped some russet potatoes and boiled them. I wasn't sure where to add the herbs/spices, so added them in step 3. I had a little trouble with the cheese - it kept clumping up on me, lol. But, we pigged out on these at the table. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4 SCA Potato Challenge.
Yup, we agree with the previous reviewers, this is really delicious! I do have two comments to pass along, one roommie said tomato sauces should be on pasta (but since he couldn't tell the tomatoes were cooked, which he hates, he gives this recipe a 4). LOL And DH disagrees with the rest of the family saying that the fluffy russets I picked to use were the best choice (but he LOVES russets). The rest of us feel that this would be perfect over a more waxy potato, like little red or yukon golds. Mmmm, over little fingerlings . . . A great recipe, though (from one of my favorite cookbooks!). Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
Wow, this was really good. I enjoyed every bite! I chopped my potatoes in quarters and then boiled them. I poured the sauce over the potatoes and then added the cheese on top. Yum! Made for ZWT 4.