Recipe by Pets'R'us
An easy recipe with a kick! Adjust the cheese and chile to your own taste and enjoy!
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
We really enjoyed this dish. I chopped up 2 mild green chile's and used a Vidalia Onion. A very nice change from my normal roasted potato recipe. Will definitely make again. Made for the 2010 Livestrong cookathon for Pets R us. Thanks for posting.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons crushed dried new mexican chili peppers or 2 tablespoons use 2 mild green chili peppers
- 3 -4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until soft, then add the chile and the salt, toss the potatoes in the mixture.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow pan with a little water and bake in the oven until the potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potatoes and put back in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.