Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Mark Bittman, The Best Recipes in the World. Aromatic and delicate.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Herb & Spice of the Month February -- Bay leaf. We totally enjoyed every bite...even if I cooked them a little longer than I should have. (Unexpected company) I did sprinkle a little fresh minced garlic inside the potatoe also, Served with Recipe#357368#357368 and snow peas, broccoli, and onions. Very good meal. Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make a deep slit lengthwise in each potato, almost to the point of cutting it in half.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper inside the potatos and tuck in the bay leaves, 2 per potato.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, smearing some on the insides as well as making sure the outsides are well coated.
- Push the potato halves back together; sprinkle their outsides with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour; the potatoes are done when you can easily poke a thin-bladed knife right through them; serve immediately.