Recipe by Brian Holley
Simple dish as so many Portuguese recipes are, non the less interesting and tasty. Serve with plain cooked chicken, omelets or egg dishes. makes a good supper dish. This is an authentic recipe from the Alentejo region.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 ounce parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes till tender, drain and slice them.
- Fry the onion in the oil till soft, but, no browned. Set aside. Keep warm.
- Fry the bacon till crisp.
- Add the potatoes and cook till brown on both sides.
- gently stir in the onions and parsley, warm through and serve.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.