Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side dish for Steaks. Another Emeril Lagasse recipe.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon spice essence (Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Place the potatoes in large pot of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain then set aside.
- In large skillet cook the bacon over medium-high heat until brown and the fat is rendered, about 8 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onions, essence, salt and cayenne to the fat in the pan and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Add the drained potatoes and olive oil and cook, turning until browned on both sides.
- Return the bacon to the pan, add the parsley and green onions.
- Cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
These were very good. I'll definitely be making them again.
BAM! These were really good! My bacon didn't cook up much grease, but that was ok I uses the non-stick skillet. These are much better that the normal pan fried potatoes with onions. I'll fix this one again, and again, and again... Thanks for sharing!