Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Walt Disney World (Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- 5 lbs red potatoes (any variety of potato may be used)
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes well, and cut into wedges.
- In a large bowl mix the spices and olive oil.
- Add the raw potatoes.
- Coat the potatoes with the spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, place in a preheated 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes.
This was a wonderful change from the norm! I used only 4 med. red potatoes and reduced all else (except olive oil) to 1/3 of what recipe indicates. Cooked 30 minutes as stated, then "crisped" them a bit under the broiler for a few minutes. Especially excellent with a topping of butter mixed with a little mustard & a few drops of worchestershire sauce! Heavenly. Will definite make again!
These worked out really well with a lovely colour but because I used only 3 lbs of potatoes the spices were a little overpowering for the kids. I would make this exactly as posted for the best result.
We really enjoyed this. I forgot that turmeric turns everything a nice yellow. I made as posted, but next time I will crisp under the broiler like another reviewer suggested. I did cut the recipe down to serve two and it worked great. Thanks tbean1 for posting.