1/3 Photos of Potatoes With a Mushroom Puree & Garnished With Truffles
David Bouley inspired me to make this recipe. A nice dish to impress your friend and family. It's very earthy. Comfort food! Truffles are very expensive but once in a while we deserve to enjoy things that God has given us! Olive oil can be used in place of the truffle oil. This can be a Vegetarian dish just sub the butter for oil or skip it. My DH once would never eat a mushroom now you can't keep it away from him.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs baby dutch yellow potatoes or 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 ounces shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4-3/4 cup potato water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon truffle oil or 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper (lots)
- 1Rinse potatoes place in pot and cover with cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat till tender about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile in a pan place 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute mushrooms for 5 minutes season with salt and pepper and add thyme, shallots and garlic cook till translucent.
- 4Remove a couple of the cooked mushrooms for garnish and set aside.
- 5Add 3/4- 1 cup of the cooked potatoes and 2 tablespoons butter to the mushrooms, puree with a hand blender adding potato water to make a smooth puree.
- 6Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 7Stir truffle oil, salt and pepper to taste into potatoes.
- 8Spread 3/4 of the pureed mushroom mixture on a serving platter top with sliced and seasoned potatoes topping with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture.
- 9Garnish with the mushrooms that were set aside, sliced truffles and thyme sprig.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes With a Mushroom Puree & Garnished With Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 57.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: