Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A lovely change from creamy potato salad I make this when my egg allergic cousin comes to visit. Copied from "cooks.com" One of those "even better the next day" salads.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- Steam potatoes; let stand 10 minutes. With skin on cut into small pieces. Add parsley and onions.
- Blend together remaining ingredients and pour over warm potatoes. Toss gently to coat. Let stand at least 3 hours. Chill if desired. Cook time includes stand time.
Really enjoyed this potato salad - easy to prepare and I liked that it wasn't mayonnaise based. Nice warm as well as after 3 hours rest time. Photo also to be posted. Reviewed for Pick a Chef (PAC) even April 2013
This is a nice change from the regular type potato salads. It was a little on the tart side so I might cut back on the vinegar next time. We did really enjoy it! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
VERY, VERY NICE POTATO DISH, & definitely not your usual potato salad! I made this using small new potatoes so only cut them in half (& a few into thirds), then used lemon pepper in place of the usual S&P! Very easy to put together this great tasting salad! A KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]