1/1 Photo of Potatoes, Tomatoes and Beans
Jenny Sanders's Note:
One of my favourite late summer dishes. I serve it as a stew, with fresh bread and butter, or else I ladle it over steamed rice. I guess you could serve it as a side dish but I think of it as a nice vegetarian supper. Reheats beautifully. If you can find decent green beans in the winter, you can make this with canned crushed tomatoes - 2 or 3 cups depending on how soupy you would like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim the beans, and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- 2Wash, trim and cut the potatoes in 1 cm dice.
- 3Boil the potatoes and the beans separately until just tender.
- 4Peel and chop the tomatoes and the onion.
- 5Sauté them in the olive oil until the tomatoes fall apart and the mixture thickens slightly.
- 6Add the seasonings and the drained potatoes and beans, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to amalgamate.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes, Tomatoes and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper