Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Potatoes, cheese and sour cream... life is good! From The Great Country Inns of America Cookbook and National Hotel in Nevada City, California.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (any kind)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 pints sour cream
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Boil potatoes until done (approximately 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grate potatoes into large mixing bowl (do not mash).
- Blend in cheese, green onions, sour cream, salt, and white pepper.
- Transfer mixture to large deep baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
I cut this recipe in half for my family. We liked this but didn't love it. It had too much of a sour cream taste for us. I think next time I would use more cheese.
Yummo, so creamy & decadent, these spuds are great. I didn't have spring onions so added some snipped chives instead. I liked the crust that formed on the top whilst baking, was lovely to spoon through to the creamy potato underneath.