Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nummy!!! Serve with Green Bean Salad and garlic bread.
Make and share this Potatoes Stuffed With Ham and Gruyere recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Pierce the potatoes with fork and arrange in a circle in microwave oven.
- Cover with damp paper towels.
- Microwave potatoes at high 12 minutes or until done.
- Rearrange after 6 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Split open, lengthwise in half, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Reserve shells, set aside pulp.
- Heat butter in a small fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Pour milk mixture over potato pulp.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, ham and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
This is a very versatile recipe. I just baked my potatoes in the microwave then topped them with butter, salt, pepper, gruyere, and ham and baked them in the oven until the cheese melted and was slightly brown. One day I'll try other combinations, but the gruyere was wonderful.
Yum! These were tasty and quick, and I love how versatile the recipe is. I used havarti cheese b/c I had it on hand, and thyme instead of the cayenne. Next time I might use dry mustard...mmm. I was concerned that the recipe didn't call for enough cheese, but the result was creamy and good. I did increase the salt quite a bit and add black pepper at the table. Thanks for sharing; this is definitely a keeper. Made for Healthy Choices 2008.
Great. I served with the green bean salad as recommended. Was spicier than I anticipated but we enjoyed it!