Top Review by auntclaudia
This is a very versatile recipe. I just baked my potatoes in the microwave then topped them with butter, salt, pepper, gruyere, and ham and baked them in the oven until the cheese melted and was slightly brown. One day I'll try other combinations, but the gruyere was wonderful.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 9.85 ml butter
- 9.85 ml smashed garlic, about 2 cloves
- 118.29 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 118.29 ml shredded gruyere cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped cooked ham
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Pierce the potatoes with fork and arrange in a circle in microwave oven.
- Cover with damp paper towels.
- Microwave potatoes at high 12 minutes or until done.
- Rearrange after 6 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Split open, lengthwise in half, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Reserve shells, set aside pulp.
- Heat butter in a small fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Pour milk mixture over potato pulp.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, ham and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.