Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is taken from "Cotton Country Collection" published by the Jr. League of that city. These can be made ahead of time and baked at the last minute.
- 10 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, both white & green parts
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 cup mild cheese, grated
- Scrub potatoes well and bake in a 450 F oven until thoroughly done.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and carefully scrape out the pulp, reserving the shells.
- Combine potato pulp with butter, cream, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly!
- Add the onions and the crabmeat mixing in carefully.
- Fill the reserved shells with the mixture and top each with some of the cheese.
- Bake in 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until cheese has melted.